Autism Village and Autism Village Foundation
This Website includes areas that will give information that is intended to help consumers find practical assistance and learn about living with and caring for a person who is on the Autism spectrum. This Website and the information provided, however, do not constitute medical advice and must not be used as a substitute for the medical counsel and services that you may require from a specialist. Your use of this Website does not create a professional relationship whatsoever between you and Autism Village and Autism Village Foundation. Your reliance and use of the information contained in or linked from this Website is done at your own risk.
Types of cookies we may use on our Website include:
- Session cookies: These temporary cookies expire and are automatically erased whenever you close your browser window. We may use session cookies to grant our users access to content and to enable actions such as remembering application or payment information as you are in the process of entering it.
- Persistent cookies: These cookies usually have an expiration date in the distant future and remain in your browser until they expire or you manually delete them. We may use persistent cookies to better understand usage patterns so we can improve the Website for our users. For example, we may use a persistent cookie to associate you with your account or to remember your choices on the Website.
- Third-party cookies: We may permit third-party service providers to place cookies through our Website to provide us with better insights into the use of the Website or user demographics or to provide relevant services to you. These third parties may collect information about a user's online activities over time and across different websites when he or she uses our Website. For example, we may use a third-party tool to analyze usage patterns of the Website. Such a tool may generate a cookie to capture information about your use of the Website which the third-party provider uses to compile reports on website activity for us and to provide other related services. The third-party provider may use a portion of your IP address to identify its cookie. We do not control the use of third-party cookies or the resulting information and we are not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
We do not use technology that recognizes a "do-not-track" signal from your web browser, because we do not track users other than for aggregate statistical purposes.
Personally Identifiable Information
We may request personally identifiable information from you when you register or otherwise choose to participate in any services, activities or resources that we make available on or through the Website ("Personal Information"). Personal Information may include your name, telephone number, credit card number or e-mail address, or health information about you or your child. We only collect Personal Information from you if you submit it voluntarily, except that we may use cookie technology to improve your experience on the Website, including remembering your preferences.
You may also choose to provide Personal Information in connection with a public forum on the Website, such as a blog posting, a message board or a chat room, or in information that you intend for inclusion in an advertisement posted to the Website. Please be aware that if you add a place, write a review, or upload a photograph to the Website, you also may disclosing Personal Information about you or others. We cannot guarantee the security of any such information. Please be advised that you are providing and posting any such Personal Information at your own risk and of the possible consequences of any such disclosures, including that any Personal Information that you provide and that is publicly accessible may be collected and used by third parties.
We will release Personal Information to comply with any valid legal inquiry or process, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute or court order.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You shall be responsible for all uses of your password, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password of which you become aware.
Privacy of Children
Social Networking Activities
Our Website may allow you to link to social networking websites such as Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Twitter. When you choose to use a link from our Website to these social networking websites, or otherwise share information on these social networking websites, we may receive information about you. We may use such information about you in a variety of ways, including to enhance your experience with Autism Village's outreach and to communicate with you about new Autism Village activities. We may keep all of this information indefinitely.
This Website contains links to other websites. When you link to another website, you are no longer on our Website and are subject to the privacy policies and other practices of the new website. Autism Village and Autism Village Foundation have no control over and are not responsible for the information, practices or content of these or any other websites and your participation in promotions or services of any kind with any third party found on or though this Website or your correspondence or business dealings of any kind with any third party found on or through this Website, including without limitation, payments, warranties, or representations associated with such dealings which are solely between you and that third party.
Autism Village and Autism Village Foundation are not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of your dealings with third parties, or as the result of the presence of such third parties on the Website.
Access to/Correction of Information
If you would like to review or correct any Personal Information we have retained about you, please send an email to email@example.com, specifying which information you wish to review or that is erroneous. You should be aware that it is not always possible to remove or modify Personal Information that you maintain, although we will make reasonable efforts to do so upon request.
If you would like to stop receiving information from us or others, or opt-out of a feature of our Website or services (such as emails), please let us know by sending an email, stating your preferences, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify the feature from which you wish to opt out.
Consent to Transfer
We operate the Website in the United States. If you are located elsewhere, please be advised that any Personal Information that you provide will be transferred to the United States and that, by using the Website and providing us with any such Personal Information, you are consenting to such transfer.
Links to the Autism Village and Autism Village Foundation Website
If you would like to link to the Website, please read and comply with the following guidelines and all applicable laws. A website that links to the Website
- May not replicate the Website content.
- May not create a browser or border environment around the Website’s content without permission
- May not imply that Autism Village and Autism Village Foundation is endorsing, recommending, promoting or preferring it or its products or services.
- May not misrepresent its relationship with Autism Village and Autism Village Foundation, its members, officers, directors or affiliates.
- May not present false information about Autism Village and Autism Village Foundation, its services or activities.
- May not use the Autism Village and Autism Village Foundation screen shot, splash screen or any Autism Village and Autism Village Foundation marks displayed on this Website without permission from Autism Village and Autism Village Foundation.
- May not be a website that infringes any intellectual property or other right of any entity or person, including, but not limited to violating anyone’s copyrights or trademarks, violating any law or advocating illegal activity.
Autism Village and Autism Village Foundation expressly reserves the right to request that any link to the Website be removed and to undertake whatever other action it deems appropriate.
Autism Village and Autism Village Foundation attempts to maintain the accuracy of the content of its Website. Any errors or omissions should be reported.
Autism Village and Autism Village Foundation makes no claims, promises, or guarantees about the absolute accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the content of this Website and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the content. No warranty of any kind, express, implied or statutory, including but not limited to warranties relating to non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or freedom from computer virus, is given with respect to the content of this Website or its hyperlinks to other Internet resources.
You assume all risk for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from use of, or obtaining any content the Website, including without limitation, any damages resulting from computer virus.
Reference in this Website to any specific commercial products, processes, or services, or the use of any trade, firm, or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the public, and does not constitute endorsement, recommendation, or preference by Autism Village and Autism Village Foundation, or its employees or agents. Autism Village and Autism Village Foundation will not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any actual or alleged damage, or loss caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods, or services available on or through any third party.
Autism Village and Autism Village Foundation and its designees reserve the right to monitor, restrict access to, edit or remove any content that is available via the Website at any time.
Ownership, copyright and trademark policy and notice
Copyright © Autism Village Foundation, 2015.
This Website, home page, web content and all publications on the Website are copyrighted by Autism Village and Autism Village Foundation.
Except for information that is in the public domain, all right, title, and interest in and to the content displayed on the Website, including but not limited to the Website’s look and feel, data, information, documents, text, logos, services, software, graphics, images, sound or video materials, designs, trademarks, service marks, trade names, and URL, belong to and are the exclusive property of Autism Village and Autism Village Foundation, or its respective partners, agents or third parties, and may not be copied, displayed, distributed, downloaded, linked, modified, posted, reproduced, republished, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written consent of Autism Village and Autism Village Foundation.
Autism Village and Autism Village Foundation grants you a nonexclusive, nontransferable, revocable and limited license to use the Website for your personal, informational, noncommercial purposes only, and those commercial purposes that Autism Village and Autism Village Foundation approve in advance. Autism Village and Autism Village Foundation reserve all other rights. The Autism Village and Autism Village Foundation Website may not be downloaded or reproduced in any form or format for distribution or sale for commercial purposes.
In addition, Autism Village and Autism Village Foundation may take any appropriate action, including without limitation issuing warnings, suspension or termination of the privileges of anyone who uses this Website to unlawfully transmit copyrighted material without a license, the express consent of the copyright owner, or other valid defense, for any infringement or repeated infringements. If you submit any information to this Website, you warrant that this information does not infringe upon the copyright or other rights of any third party.
Copyright, copyright agent
Autism Village and Autism Village Foundation asks our users to respect the intellectual property of others. Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. sec. 512, Autism Village and Autism Village Foundation has designated an agent to receive notices of claimed copyright infringement. If you believe in good faith that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide the Autism Village and Autism Village Foundation Copyright Agent the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Website;
- Your address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Autism Village and Autism Village Foundation Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on its Website is Paul Sherwood, who can be reached at at P.O. Box 14, Chester Springs, PA 19425; info@AutismVillage.com
If you believe that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against you and you would like to submit a counter-notification, you may file a Counter-Notification in Response to Claim of Copyright Infringement with the Autism Village and Autism Village Foundation Copyright Agent.
You may want to seek independent legal counsel before filing a notification or counter-notification.
Security is an important component of the Website, but even a comprehensive security system cannot prevent a security violation, and the receipt and transmission of a computer virus or other harmful or destructive element may not be prevented. The Website may include computer software applications designed to enhance, limit, or protect the Website, including without limitation a computer software application designed to prevent the receipt and transmission of computer viruses or other harmful or destructive elements. By use of this Website, you agree not to violate, modify, attempt to violate, or attempt to modify the computer software applications of the Website.
Autism Village and Autism Village Foundation reserves the right in its exclusive discretion to investigate complaints or reports of any violation of the Website and to take any action it finds appropriate in response to any such complaints or reports, including the reporting of such violation to law enforcement or regulatory officials. Autism Village and Autism Village Foundation further reserves the right to provide such officials with any information collected in the course of its investigation, including without limitation individual profiles, electronic mail addresses, usage histories, posted materials, and Internet Protocol addresses.
Termination and Suspension
Autism Village and Autism Village Foundation reserves the exclusive right at any time, with or without notice, to amend, limit, modify, suspend, or terminate the Website. Autism Village and Autism Village Foundation may also delete or prevent access to or use of all related information and files. Autism Village and Autism Village Foundation will not be liable to you or any third-party for any modification, suspension, or termination of this Website, or the loss of related information.
Autism Village and Autism Village Foundation may notify you by posting notices to the Website of any modifications to the Website. Autism Village and Autism Village Foundation may amend any policy or notice at any time by posting the amended policy or notice on the Website. Your use of the Website after such posting will constitute consent to any modified policies and/or notices.
Your Acceptance of These Terms